Monday, May 7, 2012

Deadlocked

So today I finished Charlaine Harris' latest Sookie Stackhouse Series novel, Deadlocked, and I have one word: AMAZEBALLS!! Honestly, by the time you've read this post I would have started reading it again. It's. That. Good! If you've kept up with my blog, or even Google searched something in the realm of "Sookie Stackhouse" "True Blood" or "Charlaine Harris" then my poll or post probably popped up in the search. Why? Because I'm obsessed; obsessed with the heroine, fantastical creatures, action, romance, humor, and the skillful and creative way Harris has turned this series into its own beholder of magic. Honestly, I have NO idea what I will do this time next year when the thirteenth and final novel in the series comes out. I've already read the series in its entirety three times while waiting for the next novel. Whew!

Insanity n. - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~Albert Einstein

So, thank you, Ms. Harris. I will now be considered officially and, most likely, clinically insane. Without giving away any spoilers, I will say that Deadlocked ties up many loose ends and brings some storylines to an end...or are they? ;) I'm just going the throw my final novel guess in there and say that I believe Sookie and Sam will be together in the end. I was always rooting for Quinn, but too much negative has transpired between them. I do agree with his acknowledgement that Sookie was unfairly hardest on him because, for me, Eric (in his non-amnesia form) has never truly proven that he would choose Sookie over power. And Bill...well, that history is all kinds of complicated. My reasoning for Sam + Sookie:
  1. They've known each other for about six years.
  2. They trust and know each other's secrets.
  3. They've protected and saved each other countless times. Sam in lion form? Awesome! 
  4. Sookie posed as Sam's girlfriend at Sam's brother's wedding. 
  5. Sookie stood with Sam and his family against two-natured discrimination and violence. 
  6. They have chemistry and have shared some hot moments of passion throughout the earlier parts of the series.
  7. Sookie chose Sam. (Note the ambiguous bold font ;)
  8. They can grow old together without Sookie having to become a vampire. 
  9. They can have babies.
*Well, I guess we'll all have to wait until next year for the final installment to see who, if anyone, Sookie chooses. I can barely wait!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I have a feeling that they will have a boy shifter first and thier daughter will be far telapath. Another reason this would work is because the family would be all magical. Jason could run with the son and nothing would have to be hidden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I can envision that type of family as well. We will soon see. Thank you for commenting and sharing your thoughts! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :)