Insanity n. - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~Albert Einstein
So, thank you, Ms. Harris. I will now be considered officially and, most likely, clinically insane. Without giving away any spoilers, I will say that Deadlocked ties up many loose ends and brings some storylines to an end...or are they? ;) I'm just going the throw my final novel guess in there and say that I believe Sookie and Sam will be together in the end. I was always rooting for Quinn, but too much negative has transpired between them. I do agree with his acknowledgement that Sookie was unfairly hardest on him because, for me, Eric (in his non-amnesia form) has never truly proven that he would choose Sookie over power. And Bill...well, that history is all kinds of complicated. My reasoning for Sam + Sookie:
- They've known each other for about six years.
- They trust and know each other's secrets.
- They've protected and saved each other countless times. Sam in lion form? Awesome!
- Sookie posed as Sam's girlfriend at Sam's brother's wedding.
- Sookie stood with Sam and his family against two-natured discrimination and violence.
- They have chemistry and have shared some hot moments of passion throughout the earlier parts of the series.
- Sookie chose Sam. (Note the ambiguous bold font ;)
- They can grow old together without Sookie having to become a vampire.
- They can have babies.