Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dos Taquitos Centro Review

I was very excited about my first visit to Dos Taquitos Centro with my friend Amy, owner of Amy's Creative Corner. The place was quaint and upon entering the restaurant I was instantly entranced by the warm colors within the low light setting of festive lights and ceiling decoration. The artwork along the walls was pleasing to the eye as we enjoyed our meal and conversation. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and provided us with super fast service. He went over any item on the menu that I was unfamiliar with, which was very helpful since it was my first trip to an authentic Mexican restaurant. Dos Taquitos Centro uses weekly, fresh fish and fresh ingredients.

Our appetizer consisted of some of the best queso dip I've ever had, and I've had my fair share of queso. Love it. The Queso Dip con Epazote was an absolutely yummy way to kick-start our meal. The Mojito Tulita was my first grapefruit mojito and it was delightful and zesty. With the right amount of Bacardi and one half of the grapefruit to enjoy with a spoon, this was one drink I am glad I did not pass up!  

Enchiladas de Puebla consisted of steak, chicken, and black bean enchiladas. I wasn't a fan of the black bean enchilada but the steak and chicken were very delicious. We finished off our meal with a plate of Capirotada, a warm bread pudding with raisins served with cajeta ice cream. And by "we" I unfortunately mean "I" because I scoffed down that delicious dessert with the speed of a Tazmanian Devil before it even had time to cool off. I look forward to my next trip to Dos Taquitos Centro and I recommend it to anyone who is in the downtown area craving a Mexican meal.

 
Dos Taquitos Centro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)