Saturday, March 19, 2011

Size Matters

This post is a long time coming, but I had to remark on the literal downsizing of one of my most favorite breakfast sandwiches ever in life: 

*Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sandwich on Ciabatta bread* 

One of my biggest gripes about starting the workday at 7 am is that my local Panera Bread doesn't open until 6:30, and I'm usually in too much of a rush to drop in. My favorite breakfast combo is the Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sandwich on Ciabatta bread with a cinnamon chip scone. Yummers! You haven't lived until you've had that sandwich. DELICIOUS!

Last winter there were a few ice storms that forced my job to delay about 3 hours. On one of these mornings I had the opportunity to make it a PB day in which I got the Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sandwich.To my surprise and disappointment, the sandwich was significantly smaller. There was noticeably less egg and cheese. I nearly had a conniption when I noticed the lack of bacon strips. I'm not happy, especially considering the price is still the same. The sandwich looked as if it had been flattened by a car tire or Steven Segal punched it in the face and it just sort of deflated.

_

2 comments:

  1. It was probably Chuck Norris at times I think he may have flashbacks of the when Bruce Lee ripped out his chest hair and then he goes nuts on anything in his path. Food included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right. Chuck Norris did to my sandwich what Bruce Lee did to his 'taco meat'. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)