Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mimi's Cafe Review

I've only been to Mimi's Cafe twice, with the most recent visit most likely being my last (at least for a while). Before my first visit I read a few reviews stating that while the food was pleasing, the service was subpar; reviewers said that they were ignored and/or treated rudely. I chose to go and was very pleased with my first visit. My chicken cordon bleu was delicious and my waitress was fast, friendly, and knowledgeable about the menu and various serving times and dishes for breakfast meals. I was satisfied with my first visit, so you can understand why with a 2 for 1 entree coupon, I assumed my second visit would be stellar. 

Not exactly. 

When I arrived, me and the person I was with were seated at the bar while waiting for a table. We got our drinks and after 5 minutes or so we were seated at a table. After about 10 minutes of waiting I started getting agitated. I had my coupon on the table to remember to present it to the server. Maybe coupon carriers get the short end of the stick because the tip is going to be significantly less?? Anyway, I resigned in myself that if the couple that got seated 10 minutes or so into our wait was served quickly I was going to let everyone know I was not happy. Well, that most certainly happened and within 2 minutes they were greeted. I stopped the first passing waiter I saw and asked to speak to a manager. He looked like a deer caught in headlights and made a bee-line right out of my line of laser beam sight. Lo and behold the bartender came over looking surprised at my frustration but apologized because she was apparently on extra duty. We placed our order and in hindsight I probably should have left, (I've seen Waiting) but I stayed. Come on, I had a sweet coupon! I probably won't be going back to Mimi's for a while. 


Mimi's Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate you doing this review, I literally just said about a hour ago that I wanted to try out Mimi's this weekend. Thanks arch nemesis ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, arch nemesis, so we meet again. Lol. You're welcome! Thanks for reading. Yeah, I wish I had been more impressed in that last visit.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :)