Sunday, October 9, 2011

The (Ex)-Terminator

It's truly interesting how many factoids told to you as a child can stay with you even when you're a mild-mannered adult. And said factoids can then either result in you living in a bubble or opting to rubber-band off of a bridge every other weekend.

When I was just a little nugget-sized child I was told that roaches vacation in envelope glue tanks in damp and dingy factories; if you cut your tongue while licking an envelope for sealing then roach eggs would harvest in your tongue to eventually erupt into an infestation of roaches...in your mouth! Please tell me you've heard this before, too. (Please!!)

Long story short, I now have phobias of:

  • Roaches (and insects of all assortments)
  • Envelopes
  • Glue
  • Elmer 


1 comment:

  1. I have definetly heard that they even made a movie about it called mimic......eww roaches.....roaches.....roaches....get out of my mouth.....those little roaches won't go away unless you have the spray.....buck buck buck viva ma viva ma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)