Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lonely "Islands"

Last year I stumbled upon the English electro, indie pop group, The xx. Their 2009 album featured the noir video "Islands" directed by Saam Farahmand and choreographed by Supple. I love it. The dancing first caught my eye, but after a recent breakup, the movement, lyrics, and theme of the video spoke volumes. 

I also feel extremely emo when I watch this video. 

In the video, a relationship appears to slowly unravel through the repetition of a dance combination until both lovers are gone after a relationship once full of passion burns away. If you pay attention to the distance, physically and figuratively, that forms between the two originally smooching lovers, it's quite heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)