Saturday, July 24, 2010

Veronica Mars

One of the best shows I have ever watched on TV was the teen mystery hit, 'Veronica Mars', starring Kristen Bell, which premiered in 2004 and ran for three seasons until 2007. Now, Veronica isn't just your run-of-the-mill Nancy Drew. She carries a taser and Back-Up...her pit-bull. She's tough, witty, and funny with quips that will make your head spin! This is absolutely one of my favorite shows and, in my opinion, one of the best shows to ever air on TV. I own all three seasons on DVD. If you take into consideration the fact that 'Veronica Mars' is set in the fictional town of Neptune, California, the astronomy lover in me starts smiling. Ha!

The series begins with the murder of Veronica's best friend and fellow classmate, and Veronica's hunt for her murderer is met with many twists and turns. Unfortunately, and I do mean unfortunately, the series was canceled. One of the extras on the season 3 DVD disc-set was a season 4 pitch which was set to chronicle Veronica's life as a rookie FBI agent a year after college. They had already taped scenes for a possible premiere episode. I loved what I saw and wish it had been picked up.

'Veronica Mars' appeared on a number of fall television best lists during its run, and attained several awards and nominations including five Teen Choice Awards. The show was featured on AFI's TV Programs of the Year for 2005. 'Veronica Mars' also acquired quite the fan base which still campaigns to bring the hit show back. Unfortunately, I feel it's a rarity to find "good TV" like 'Veronica Mars' these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)