Sunday, July 18, 2010

Star Wars: Not Just A Space Opera....It's An Experience

For anyone who knows me, I am a MAJOR 'Star Wars' fan. Han Solo, Padmé Amidala, Ewoks? Come on! Pure awesomeness! Today I had the once in a lifetime opportunity of seeing 'Star Wars in Concert' at the RBC Center. My seat was fantastic; it was on the first rise of the stadium seating, with the stage straight ahead and no obstructions. I also took a few pictures with some characters from the movies! What makes this experience even more special for me is that I just happened to stumble upon a commercial for the concert last Wednesday night after what looked to be a long week. I jumped into action to attain tickets for the Sunday show crossing my fingers that it would not be sold out! Simply, fate. :)

I was and still am in pure awe from the concert. I had an amazing time; I went with a close friend who enjoyed herself as well and thought the concert was great. Though I've seen all six 'Star Wars' movies several times, seeing this concert gave me chills. The combination of the orchestra, choir, films on screen, and lightning was mesmerizing. I personally became entranced in the sheer magnitude of everything before my eyes and would at times forget that the music was not coming out of my speakers, but rather being played right before me. Scenes from the movies upon the screen seemed epic. The lighting added to the ambiance created by the music and movie scenes. I also loved the way the movies were connected so flawlessly, and broken down into themes such as "A Hero Rises". And there was no way to not be thrilled at having Anthony Daniels (C3PO) as the narrator.

I, unlike some 'Star Wars' fans, thoroughly enjoy Episodes I-III, which came out in the 2000's and depicted the rise of the iconic Darth Vader from Anakin Skywalker. If you have not watched them, I suggest at least giving them a chance. A lot of questions and continuities will be answered and better understood. I suggest that you try to view all six Episodes at some point in your life. However, the original Episodes IV-VI rocked the film and Sci-Fi worlds starting when 'Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope' premiered in 1977. Only a few signature movie franchises (6 movies strong at that) can say that they produced a massive fan following on the level of 'Star Wars'.

I will never forget this experience, which was like a dream for me. I am one happy lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)