Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Power of Pie

Chef Pierre Pre-Sliced Pie. Who knew such a tiny thing could cause a small stampede? Every year my job graciously offers sweet treats for all major holidays. However, it is the Thanksgiving pie treat I wait all year for. I even put it in my calendar next to the entry of my Thanksgiving to-do list. There is a sweet potato, pumpkin, and pecan pie option. Pecan pie is immediately eliminated for me due to my allergy to nuts, pumpkin pie is yummy, but it is the warm sweet potato pie covered with whipped cream that has me fist pumping the air. Today there was an email sent out after the scheduled offering of pie that there were leftover boxes of whole pies remaining on a first come, first serve basis. Apparently I was not alone in my heartfelt love for CP pie because as I made my way down the stairs a small stampede ensued, gradually picking up speed, with people from departments I had never even seen before hustling to grab a pie. I was about five people away from getting a pie, but my delight over the swift, ninja-like moves of fellow coworkers made my day. Though not quite as intense, to get a better idea of what I mean, if you've ever seen Fun With Dick and Jane, it went a little something like this (minus the fire extinguisher):


I tell ya. That pie is really something. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)