Thursday, October 6, 2011

Static Shock and Awe

I love the fall! The air is crisp, vibrant colors burst throughout nature, and the temperature is the Baby Bear bed of the year: "just right". Unfortunately, along with the crisp, dry air comes fall's (and my) arch-nemesis:

kids.denverlibrary.org/fun/physics.html
Static electricity!

In addition to the unending standing ovation of my hair, every time I come close to an elevator button panel, I can distinctly hear the theme from Jaws playing in the background. The closest I'll probably ever come to starring in my own action movie scene is when I get out of the car attacked by an endless stream of static shocks.

Fall is also a great time to discover who your true friends are after you realize you've spent the last hour walking around with a balloon stuck to your butt.


2 comments:

  1. Constantly pulling sweaters off is my primary choice of static electricity!

    Also, I love the fall. It's my favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! Sweaters. And blankets; sometimes in the dark I can even see the blue sparks of electricity. It's all fun and games until you get shocked, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)