Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Beautiful Christian Sister

Beautiful Christian Sister ~Maya Angelou 

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,' 
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.' 

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. 

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. 

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. 

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect, My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it. 

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain... I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name. 

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow! 

Pretty is as Pretty does... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!

_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)