Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Music of the Month (October Edition)

I am a lover of all types of music. I only, typically, avoid the sappy country songs, especially if the video and lyrics are of the cliché variety, and death metal. My love for music is also heightened because I like to utilize a variety of music, across the board, when I'm choreographing a Modern dance piece. Honestly, can anyone say that they don't listen to music at some point in their day? Probably not. Even if you're not intending to listen, your co-worker's radio is probably a bit too loud. Below I have listed my artist picks for October, and the respective song that is currently playing on my Mp3 player. Feel free to add your thoughts and picks. Happy listening!

  • Sia - "My Love" (Absolutely breathtaking song with heartfelt lyrics.)
  • Florence and the Machine - "Heavy in Your Arms" and "Halo" cover. (Her cover is so unique and funky. I love it!)
  • This Mortal Coil - "Song to the Siren" (Such a beautiful and haunting melody.)
  • The Script - "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" (The lyrics to this song are so beautiful; I love his voice. Talk about a grand gesture! Ha.)
  • Pilot Speed - "Alright" (Another haunting melody, in my opinion, that you can't help but listen to over and over again.)
  • Queensryche - "Silent Lucidity" (I first heard this song on Supernatural and it has stayed with me. The scene was absolutely heartbreaking. Beautiful song.)
  • Billy McLaughlin - "Helms Place" (I actually performed a piece choreographed to this music. I love the tempo transitions and the instruments. It makes my heart dance.)
  • Alicia Keys - "Where Do We Go From Here?" (This song is so smooth and real. Ms. Keys' voice is magnificent, as usual.) 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Thank you for your comments! :)