Saturday, September 25, 2010

Doesn't Elmo Get a Say?!

Since finding out that Katy Perry's duet with Elmo has been pulled and has become a controversial topic after parents lost it over her outfit, I checked out the video. I have always been a fan of 'Sesame Street' and the celebrity/character duets; I thought the video was very cute. Perry was funny, animated, and having fun with Elmo. Supposedly, the celebrity/character skits are viewed by a panel of parents before the segment is shown on TV. I believe the feedback from some parents, (I'm taking a wild stab in the dark that the majority are mothers,) included phrases such as: "I DO NOT want my child looking at...that!" 


Really? Seriously?


Whoa! If with "that" parents are referring to her cleavage, perhaps they felt that her outfit should have covered more, but for me, that didn't take away from the fun and creativeness of the skit.
  1. I don't think that aspect would have even been in mind if I hadn't had my head swarming with all of this "controversy" news. 
  2. Perry wasn't falling out of her top; it was very much like a figure skating top. 
  3. Elmo certainly didn't have a problem.
I envision mothers frantically covering their children's eyes in horror. Haha! Hmmm. This makes me think that Lady Gaga won't be getting an invitation to Sesame Street anytime soon. Shame. I think a duet with the Cookie Monster would be awesome! ;)

I appreciate that Perry hasn't gone to town tweeting over the absurdity of her segment getting cut. Good for her. Even Elmo said that Perry is welcome back to Sesame Street anytime. But I very much hope 'Saturday Night Live' spoofs the ridiculousness of this ban tonight. I will be looking forward to it.


PS: I love the Oscar the Grouch cameo. I love him! Wait a minute! I don't think he was wearing any pants....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)