Thursday, September 23, 2010

American Idol...Fast Forward

Today it was announced that Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez will be taking over as judges on the American Idol panel. I believe they will be joining the only remaining judge, Randy Jackson, who has been there since the start of the show. (I've personally never understood his role but to throw up the "rock on" hand sign and refer to contestants as "dog".) Names of possible judges and much controversy have been floating around all summer. Last I heard, Lopez was too much of a diva to be hired, but I suppose they worked out some type of arrangement. Possible Fox promotions of Lopez's future romantic comedies? Hmmm. Apparently Aerosmith, Joe Perry specifically, is very disappointed that Tyler signed on to the show without consulting the band first. Apparently he found out on the Internet like the rest of the world. Boy, what a slap in the face if it was via tweet. Sheesh. What does this mean for the future of Aerosmith? Only time will tell. However, I feel that this celebrity casting is a pathetic attempt to rejuvenate the popularity of a show that I believe reached its final wind about five seasons ago. Hasn't this show been on for about 10 years? I'm pretty sure I stopped watching after the third season. All I know is that American Idol has a habit of voting off the singers that often go on to be music hit makers i.e. Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson. However, it is true that winners such as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Fantasia Barrino have gone on to rule their respective music charts, but many of the other winner names have become a bit fuzzy to me. Well, we shall see if this newly cast star power will give American Idol the revamp it appears to be seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)