- In high school when a boy punched a hardened substance in a beaker, but the beaker shattered and sliced his entire hand open
- When a vulture gave me the stink eye while standing over its prey
- When the blonde lost her fingers in House of Wax
- When all those women died in the car in Quentin Tarantino’s Deathproof
- When my BFF showed me a Google search of ‘types of spiders’, from across the room
- And last night when I stumbled upon the infamous “Red Wedding” episode of Game of Thrones
So there I was minding my own business, eating my dessert and watching TV. I had paused the live TV on one of my fave shows “Veep” so Game of Thrones started a few scenes into the episode. I had never seen this show, mind you, but there was a boy controlling wolves and a young girl promising meticulous violence to a man poking fun at the death of her father. Obviously, I was hooked. And then…there was the wedding. Despite never having watched the show, I could feel when something was amiss and then all hell broke loose in the hall, literally. The good guys, starting with a pregnant young woman, were slaughtered, mercilessly, as a barrage of arrows peppered the screen. I couldn’t believe my eyes, and if I, as a new viewer was this taken aback, I can’t imagine the reactions of longtime viewers. It’s safe to say that I can’t get the scene out of my head or get rid of the chills sporadically creeping up my spine, and I will definitely be tuning in next week for the season finale (what more can happen?!) which I can only imagine will leave viewers breathless on the edge of their seats.