If you have not yet watched the season 4 premiere of True Blood which aired last Sunday, make sure you do...soon! But also make sure to come back and read this post and leave your thoughts and opinions on the episode.
If you know me then you know that I am a HUGE...huge True Blood fan, be it books, graphic novels, or the TV series. I've read all of the books in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries Series including her latest, Dead Reckoning. I finished that awesome book in about T-minus 8 seconds and now I'm having so much withdrawal that I might just re-read the entire series to compensate before the next novel in 2012. True Blood is based on Harris' novels, each season based on a respective novel, but director Alan Ball also takes some creative liberties when it comes to plot and characters. Because I love the novels so much, I would love every aspect to be recreated onscreen. Unfortunately, the season 4 premiere left a bit to be desired for me. However, this post is in no way saying that I will not be giving the rest of the season a chance and an adhesive-like propinquity to the television Sunday evenings. Are you ready for some pros and cons?!
Did that feel like football to you guys?! No? Okay, let's move on...
- Bill currently has way too much power in both human and vampire politics.
- Eric now owns Sookie's house and apparently...Sookie. What?
- Sam and his brother's storyline of dysfunction is just lasting way too long.
- Sheriff Andy Bellefleur is hooked on V and is off the wall. For a season or two there I had actually started liking him.
- Tara now appears to be living a double life as Kimbo Slice.
- The year time jump in the show allowed for the characters to mature and for the storylines to not feel so clustered.
- Nelsan Ellis is a brilliant actor who makes the character Lafayette come to life on screen. His character is taking a big shift from the novels, but in a great way!
- Jason has definitely matured and the werepanther storyline appears to be moving along nicely.
- Arlene and René's baby is a great plot twist. It will be very interesting to see where that story goes.