Monday, January 17, 2011

Betty White - Golden Girl

Photo: Lester Cohen © WireImage.com
Today is Miss Betty White's birthday. I was first introduced to the stellar comedy of Betty years ago when my parents would watch Golden Girls. However, it wasn't until now, as an adult, that I truly appreciate the stellar series that is Golden Girls. A lot of that might have to do with the fact that I now understand the innuendos, jokes, and adventures of the ladies; specifically, that of Miss Blanche (played by Rue McClanahan). I absolutely LOVE this show! Between Lifetime, WE, and the Hallmark Channel, I can catch my fair share of marathons, which never get old. Each lady has her own distinguishing personality and brand of sense of humor that just adds to an excellent show. There's a great blend of drama and humor. Although the show revolves around four women, it's the kind of show I feel men can sit down and enjoy.

You know, I think I'm typically a mix of Rose and Blanche. In about 50 years I'll probably be more like Sophia. 4 to 6 days out of the month there's a possibility I'm more like Dorothy, though...

If you've never watched Betty and the ladies, you don't know what you're missing. What are you waiting for?    

Happy Birthday Betty White! 

_

1 comment:

  1. I grew up on the Golden Girls, Hot in Cleveland is very funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)