Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Horror Movie Madness

Today I read a blog post by @KBestOliver about the five scariest movie characters from her childhood. Awesome post, which you can find at http://bit.ly/a1ZQlN. This inspired me to compose my own. 

Hellraiser and his entire crew: Hmmm. The crew was known as the 'Cenobites'. Sounds like a tasty treat, but OH NO!! This torturous and horrifying crew knew how to slice and dice! 

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial: Wow! This movie messed me up for days. My mother still teases me. His huge eyes and those long, creepy fingers! I know he was a sweet, little alien, but not so much in my nightmares. 

Freddy Krueger: Let me just say, I knew going in that this movie wasn't going to be good for me, but there was just something about a villain wearing a fedora that amazed me. Unfortunately, I worried for nights on end that I was going to get sucked into my bed, ass first, and redistributed as a mere liquid. Umph! 

An American Werewolf in London: I have a crazy fascination with werewolves and werewolf movies now, but this movie is so scary. The transformation, nightmares within the film, and Jack's corpse freaked me out. However, I embraced my fear and ranked David's transformation as #2 in http://bit.ly/bH5hT2.
 
Predator:  Predator was one bad ass alien, but he was scary as hell. Especially when he took off that mask....Freaky. Watching this movie made me want to roll around in the mud and embrace my "camo" side.

**Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka: Those teeth! That stare. Those Oompa-Loompas! I realize that this film didn't come out during my youth, but I am scarred nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)