Saturday, October 22, 2011

Words of Wisdom

I was feeling quite whimsical when I woke up this morning. Therefore, I'd like to mention one of my favorite lighthearted movies. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium is a fantasy comedy released in 2007. Yes, there is a magical toy store, a zebra, and many hats, among other zany things. Also in the lineup: (two words) Jason Bateman. (Now I don't know if you've ever seen "Arrested Development"...but you should.) While Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium received mixed reviews from critics, I thought it was a very sweet depiction of staying young at heart and fulfilling your dreams. The film stars Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, and Bateman (referred to as "mutant" throughout the majority of the film). Did I mention that I have a celebrity girl crush on Portman? Have you seen Black Swan and V for Vendetta? She's amazing! And Hugo Weaving is phenomenal as 'V', so go check those out too. I digress; the main point of this blog is to highlight an inspirational line Hoffman delivers in the movie that struck me then, and has been significant to me ever since. 

"We must face tomorrow, whatever it may hold, 
with determination, joy and bravery."
~Mr. Magorium
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)