Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hats Off to 'The Sing Off'

I've never really sat down and tuned into a complete The Sing Off episode. Dozens of Glee inspired groups compete by singing covers of various musical hits in color coordinated outfits. I usually turn to the channel and think, "Ooooh, colors!" and then proceed to channel search for a Psych re-run. However, last week I stumbled upon the performance of a group called Pentatonix (how cool), which musically 'pentatonic' is an adjective meaning: Of or using only five tones, usually the first, second, third, fifth, and sixth tones of a diatonic scale. The group ripped the stage with a kick-butt performance of Kanye West's "Love Lockdown." It was, as I like to say, amazeballs! Their individual voices + unison + choreography= a performance that I think, without even seeing the others, should put them in the top spot. See for yourself: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)