Sunday, August 8, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love...Blog? :)

I have been considering reading Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert. While at first glance and overview this memoir seems like just what I need right now, the actual prospect of a year long trip on the other side of the world in this economy, described in her memoir, is almost fantastical; plus, I don't have a lucrative Oprah backed book deal. Hmmm.

I think the bigger consideration is the amount of Feminist and socioeconomic criticisms I found directed at this book. While a few, I will admit, initially crossed my mind, this is not to say that I have not read many positive reviews also; bestseller type reviews. Nevertheless, I will remain an impartial reader. This should make for a very interesting read if for nothing else then for the articles and studies I have found stemming from the memoir. I feel now as if I am also reading it for research. More to come. Check back soon for a review....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)