Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kimster in the Kitchen 06/01

In an effort to maximize my budget, I have eliminated fast food and have started taking to the kitchen more. I have always been an avid baker, but I have been trying my hand at entree dishes and recipes. If you've been keeping up with my blog then you know I'm the Sookie Stackhouse series' number 1 fan! I own and have read each novel, which includes The Sookie Stackhouse Companion. Within the companion is a novella, trivia, a map, and a recipe guide of down-home Southern Recipes! Yum.


Between Paula Deen and my Sookie Stackhouse companion, I'm about to be cooking up a storm. My first SSC meal consisted of Stackhouse Smothered Pork Chops, white rice, cornbread, and Wicked Peach Cake for dessert. The pork chops were succulent and the scrumptious cake turned out marvelously, if I do say so myself, and was a hit with my parents. I will definitely be making that again soon. Sorry for the lack of photos for that meal, but as I continue on my foodie journey with you, I'll document my yummy dishes. 



Next on the menu: Antoine's Fried Pickles to snack on and French Market Beignets for breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)