Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beauty and the Beast: Epic Love

moviestore.com/library/photos/211/211850.jpg


Beauty and the Beast (1987)


Starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton


I don't think I have ever watched another series other than Beauty and the Beast that possessed such poignancy and depth. Vincent & Catherine's love was awe-inspiring when I first watched the show as a child, and remains so for me today. In addition, the opening credits are enchanting, with a beautiful melody and narration.


(Opening credits narration)

Vincent: This is where the wealthy and the powerful rule. It is her world...a world apart from mine. Her name...is Catherine. From the moment I saw her, she captured my heart with her beauty, her warmth, and her courage. I knew then, as I know now, she would change my life...forever. 

Catherine Chandler: He comes from a secret place, far below the city streets, hiding his face from strangers; safe from hate and harm. He brought me there to save my life...and now, wherever I go, he is with me, in spirit. For we have a bond stronger than friendship or love. And although we cannot be together, we will never, ever be apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)